Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Normal View - Not so Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazynoodle

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
US
I have created a few pages and have been doing many updates and edits. All of a sudden my first page index.htm will not display in the Normal View - thus I can no longer edit this page. I can still open the 2nd and 3rd page in Normal View and make changes if needed.

If I open the index.htm in Frontpage I can view with the HTML button and/or the Preview - just not the Normal.

I must of done something to this file during the last edit.

Thanks in advance.

When you say it will not display, are you double clicking the index.htm file & it will not open or is it opening in HTML mode?

Have you applied the recent patches / updates to your FrontPage?

Hello,

File - Open - "index.htm" this opens and now I have the 3 view tabs at the bottom and by default it is suppose to open in "Normal" view but the page is blank. The two tabs to the right of "Normal" are "HTML" and "Preview" - if I select "HTML" I can view the html format and if I select Preview - I can see the preview of how the actual page looks while displayed. I need this to dispay in the normal mode so that I can add to this page.

I am up to date with all my W2K Service Packs and security updates but nothing specific to FrontPage if that is what your asking.?

Thanks for looking at this.

Regards,

~CN~

Here is my guess. You have something on that page that Frontpage can't understand. I would make a copy of the page. Then, I would start playing with the page in html mode. You should be able to learn what is causing the problem. You can always return to the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back