Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Normal view and preview mode are not the same!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobra

Programmer
Feb 2, 2001
US
Can someone tell me when I do certain modificationd ie: Putting a border around text or buttons, why does the preview mode show something else ? ie: I put a border around a button and added padding when I go into preview mode there is extra space as if my padding value doubled. Is there a reason for this ? Should not preview mode show exactly what's there ? It's the same program, it's not if I was viewing it in another browser... Help!!

The only accurate view is preview in browser. Browsers interpret stuff differently so preview in several! Preview mode is just so you can get an idea of how it may look in a browser. Normal mode is not necessarily wysiwyg

Oops. For some reason I was thinking Word in my previous message. All browsers are not made alike. I always had conflicts with Netscape not showing things the way that I could see fine in IE. It's just something that you have to compare and work around until you're satisfied.

Linda Adams
Garridon@aol.com
Linda Adams online David Hedison Online

According to the documentation w/FP '00 and also some other sources you shouldn't view your FP pages anywhere besides the view offered by a browser. For example you can go to preview your web site directly from FP BUT your .asp's won't be available.

I've also found going direct, I do a lot of testing on my local drive, in my browser to work BUT the refresh button doesn't work for .asp's and I have to go to home or another site and then back again to get a good view.

Linda is right about Word though. Many things in MS are viewable or not viewable in page previews versus print.

Hope you find a reasonable work around-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back