Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Normal.dot issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentek

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
GB
I have a intermittant problem on 65 newly installed machines (HPdc7700)running windows XP and office 2000 standard .
When save a word document and exiting I get an error "normal was being edited by another word session"

Any Ideas

Is your normal.dot located on a server? Seems like it's being shared and shouldn't be. Check file locations under Tools, Options.

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

I have even tried it as a local machine and still has the same problem I have also been advise of another issue with a template
if you create a new template and save and exit
open word file then new and open the template save the document and the exit word it seems to think you have made changes to the template when you haven't.

Any ideas

Thanks for your help but can you decifer the Microsoft VB speak I've been looking at the support site for 2 days and its making my head hurt

Just Delete all Normal.dot and ~ormal.dot files that it allows you to, there is prolly 1 that it won’t let you delete, then reboot, the next time you open word it will recreate the template.

I don't know VB too much myself. Just thought to ask if you tried it or seen it.

Thanks for your advise I think we may now have sorted it it appears to be a plug in called PDF complete We have uninstalled it and it now appears to be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back