Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NooBee - Have apache facing external address

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaserc

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
US
I have installed apache 2.2 on SuSe 10 machine...starts with no issues and I am able to see basic html pages that I placed in ~myuser/public_html/ by placing in a web browser

I would like to make this same page available to my external address (62.x.x.x on my router). I am confident that I am allowing the correct ports through (I have ssh open), but I have turned off my firewall to test with the same results.

How do I get my apache web server to listen 80 and/or 8080 on my external address?

when I nmap locally:
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
25/tcp open smtp
80/tcp open http
111/tcp open rpcbind
631/tcp open ipp
3306/tcp open mysql
8080/tcp open http-proxy

when I namp from external address:
PORT STATE SERVICE
1/tcp closed tcpmux
22/tcp open ssh
79/tcp closed finger
411/tcp closed rmt
412/tcp closed synoptics-trap
512/tcp closed exec
540/tcp closed uucp
[...]
67/tcp closed irc
17300/tcp closed kuang2
27374/tcp closed subseven

any help would be greatly appeciated...thx

nice - I added 80 to the list of ports for my internal firewall and that worked - thx so much

now I have tried to configure the dhcp server in yast and I am getting "access forbidden" when I try to navigate to or anything other page. I accepted the defaults thinking it would keep the configs the same, but I believe that I blew it up in the process.

I think my root directory may have changed. Now, it is /srv/ - Before I was able to go to and now I get Access Forbidden to that object - what did I change?

I changed my root directory in the apache settings (through yast) and now I am able to view by page ok without any access errors.

now I just have to figure out what the deal with all the modules, and other settings : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back