Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noob Question (Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2006
US
I feel like a noob...

On an option 11:

1. What is the difference between Phantom and ACDN.

2. I need to Phantom or ACDN 50 DID's then forward those DID's to different outside numbers (xxx) xxx-xxxx
(Like another location) I am trying to have less of an impact on our (single T1) Option 11. In ACD I have no problem; I don’t want to start to get the fast busy signals as impact on our switch increases.

I know how to program ACDN's with no issue. I have no clue what the difference between Phantom and ACDN's.
To my understanding Phantom and ACDN both utilize two channels, what is the impact respective to either one.

Thanks in advance

They both do primarily the same thing; and in this applicaation, it wouldn't matter which one you built. Phantoms are the "preferred" way of building things that go to Call Pilot primarily, but can also be used instead of an ACD Queue. It is quicker to build a phantom rather than an ACD for me as I can copy phantoms, can't copy ACD Q's.

and the other side of the question.. i build nothing but acd's for redirect..

new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw 1222

dial 1223 and 1222 rings, no delay... i have both cp and symposium and i don't know who determines that phantom's are the perfered method.. it wasn't nortel when i went to school on those servers but that was back rls 1 days.. before rls 3 phantoms used up tn's, that can get costly, but i do work for a company that does pretty good reselling them... i think it's a coin toss, or up to the switchman..

why copy a phantom?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you define the forwarding on your Opt 11 to dial out to an off-site DID, you may find that you DOUBLE your T-1 traffic (one inbound, second channel outbound). Unless you optimize your trunk route to drop the loop.

If you are positive you are not going to answer the incoming on your Opt 11 site, then it might be worth the trouble to work with the phone company to re-direct the number in their C.O., so your T-1 never sees the traffic.

I'm in QWest territory - I know they have a service that effectively remote call forwards DID's to other sites. They set us up with a password and all that jazz.

And if it is permanent, you can re-demark your DID to your other site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back