Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NooB Q...200SX Backups (& Restores)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2006
US
Hey all,

I'm a relative NooB. I have inherited some 200SXs at various offices around my area. No backups have been done in quite some time.

Is it a problem if the 200SX is not on the same subnet that the FTP server is on (backing up via the WAN)? (If this is a problem, is there anywhere to tell the phone switch what the default gateway is etc? or is there any "work-around" that will allow a WAN style backup/restore?)

You can tell the icp where the gateway is using form 47. That is also where you would specify the ftp server and login attributes.

one other question...can I use tftp or must I use ftp?

tia,

==Mark==

ok, I just thought of another question....

If I need to do a restore in the middle of a business day (or any other date/time for that matter), how long does a "typical" restore take to execute (ballpark figure please)?

Most of my switches have less than 100 extensions (phone numbers).

==Mark==

Backups and restores use FTP. As for amount of time a restore takes, that will depend on the backup that you are doing as the voicemail is the part that takes the longest because of greetings and messages. So if you restore the average database with mailbox config, I would say about a 10 min restore and then a reboot which can take anywhere from 5 to 10 min. I am not sure if the system is down while the files are being restored from the FTP server or if the outage only occurs after the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back