Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non stop ringing on Elite 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

markwho

Technical User
Apr 18, 2005
Customer says that an extension (2 at this point but not at same time) will start a contant ringing. Ringing is solid with no pauses. They pick up handset, ringing stops. There is dial tone. They hang up handset and phone operates normally. Anyone know what might cause this? I have been unable to catch the system in the act. One ext is on the backplane and the other is on an ESI 8 card.

You may want to upgrade to the latest available software. What is the version you are running? (feature+3)

What type of trunking do you have. I have seen T1's in a 192 that would go down and the system would see the busy channel and start ringing that channel on all the phones that were programmed to ring.

Since it is happening on 2 different cards, you can eliminate the cards unfortunetly that leaves you with the CO card or the ksu. I would bet you have a KSU that is starting to go bad....but I would swap the CO card and check for stray voltage on the station cable.

No, not cordless phones.

OK, I was busy so didn't finish, I sometimes see that issue on Cordless when someone is paging or has Background Music turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back