Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-MS email clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSeriesCodePoet

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
I am looking for a non-Microsoft email client that can handle multiple email accounts. I know Outlook Express works, but I was trying to find something that would work. I am using Eudora right now, but (as far as I know) it can't handle multiple email accounts.

Any recommendations? I prefer it to be free if possible. I just might have to go back to Outlook Express (darn). Mike Wills
RPG Programmer (but learning Java)

"I am bad at math because God forgot to include math.h into my program!"

Oh...I use Windows 2k, so it must work on that... Mike Wills

With Office XP, you can have different email accounts but that will cost you money, it's up to you. Good luck!

Huh? What do you mean by that? Are you talking about Outlook? I said NON-Microsoft! Mike Wills

Perhaps you may want to look into the earlier versions of Eudora Light. They support what you're looking for even though they are a little old. Also, I believe Pegasus Mail supports it as well.

Does it handle it all at the same time?? Mike Wills

I know of a free download called ePrompter. It simultaneously checks up to 10 email addresses, then tells you which address has new messages to a pre-set time. Say for example, if you want your mail checked every 15 minutes, it'll log in every 15 mins to all your addresses, and it tells you when there's mail. It's not an M$ product, and you can find it at ...I have it on mine, and it's great!! As far as I can see, it IS compatible with win2k, so let me know if it works for you :) Good luck!

Julie clgx299@earthlink.net
I came, I saw, I connected at 48.8...

Is this program an email client? That downloads your email and stores it? Mike Wills

Eudora will allow you to check them at the same time. As for Pegasus, I'm not sure. I've never personally used it.

How do you configure Eudora to do this? I had it installed and couldn't find anything on how to set it up, and no I don't want 4 installations to check each email address.

They way it is sounding Microsoft has the best email client right now. :-( And we all know how prone to viruses that is... Mike Wills

Have you looked at GroupWise. It's not free but I believe its one of the best mail products around and it's not Microsoft.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back