Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-Global Ringtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortKnox

Technical User
May 10, 2004
US
How do I provide a ringtone to just one phone so that others cant see it too?

I don't believe this is possible. It's everybody or nobody. You'd probably have to give the one phone a seperate TFTP server with the ringtones you want that one phone to see. But to upgrade it or change the configuration, you'd have to point it back to the TFTP server where all the config and upgrade files are saved by CCM.

I think someone told me to do this once. Add the ring tone to the RingList. Then quickly have that person choose the ringtone. When he/she has it then take it out of the ringlist. According to who told me this (I don't remember who), that person should then have the ring tone until the phone is rebooted.

I never had time to try it, but it would be interesting to see if it works.

I bet that would work. My phone was registered with a CME before it was registered with this CCM and everytime it boots up it still looks for the Jetsons ringtone that was on the CME. Know how to make it stop trying to locate it?

I would try loading the jetson's back into the ringlist so your phone finds it and then change the ringtone on your phone. Then you can delete the jetson ringtone if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back