Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non Delivery to AOL Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjonnnn

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2000
US
All of a sudden delivery to AOL email addresses are not going thru. We've checked with AOL and we're not being blocked. It started about 2 weeks ago. At first, the email would take about 2 days to be delivered. But now, they are just being returned. We can receive email from AOL accounts with no problemed. This is only happening with AOL accounts. AOL suggested that something might be wrong with the Reverse DNS, but that seems to be ok. (And we've booted the server about 20 times by now)

Any ideas?

What is the error that the exchange server gives you?

We are suddenly having the same problem with AOL too.

How does exchange route your mail? DNS or throught your ISP's relay?

How does exchange route your mail? DNS or through your ISP's relay?

I would try to send mail, temporarily, up to your ISPs relay. If it goes through then it points to something wrong either with the DNS lookup or with the SMTP connector to AOL.com

Sorry I dont have any better answers

I go with the opinion of Tomasykes.

I would suggest you talk to your ISP.

See if they can provide you with SMTP services. You might need to buy out the service.

Once you have that, configure your Exchange to relay your emails through the ISPs SMTP servers.

If you are using Exchange 5.5, I suggest you try the software ExchangePop3Manager from I have been using this software for the last 2 years.

See if you get the NDRs to AOL.

If you no longer get the NDRs, then its a problem with your Exchange DNS pointers, & in that scenarion, either you look into the root-cause of the DNS errors or you continue with your ISPs SMTP servers.

Revert back to me.

Regards,

Nilesh Roy.
{MCSE+I, MCSE, CCNP, CCNA, CIW Administrator}
(nilesh@nileshroy.com)
(+91 9811488301)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back