Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non Delivery Reports not being forwarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2003
NZ
Hello

I have a public folder set up that is called "reports"

Under the exchange manager > servers > protocols > smtp server > default smtp virtual server properties > messages tab

I have "Send a copy of non-delivery report to:" and I have specified this to be reports@visual-aids.co.nz

However the NDR's aren't showing up in the public folder
Any other emails sent to the public folder are appearing

When I send a test email to a non existant address I get the following message generated back to the sender:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 27/02/2003 00:16

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'ndrs@visual-aids.co.nz' on 27/02/2003 00:16
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<srv1.visual-aids.co.nz #5.1.1>

However this is not sent to the public folder?

Any ideas as to why would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have, and have tested this by emailing the public folder through normal methods and it works fine.

I know this may sound VERY elementary but it happened to me just the other day. CHECK THE SPELLING of the email address. I racked my brain for almost 2 hours trying to figure it out. And that was the problem, I had my name, of all things, spelled wrong, instead of sidney, I had sindey.

Sidney

Not sure if this issue has been resolved but I have a similar problem. NDRs won't show up in the public folder but if I ask for a delivery notification and send on behalf of the public folder's e-mail address the notification is returned. Is there any reason why NDRs can't be returned to a public folder?

Hello,

Is the &quot; Allow Non Delivery reports&quot; checkbox checked in Global Settings--Internet Message Format---Properties of &quot;Default&quot; in right pane?

Greg

Yes it is checked. Only Allow out of office replies, Allow automatic replies, and Allow automatic forward are not checked.

Well here's the official Microsoft answer - XADM: Non-Delivery Reports to a Distribution List or to a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 Server Are Not Supported ( There's got to be a better solution to the problem and I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back