Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

non delivered mail forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathanon

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
GB
In Exchange 5.5 when someone tried to send mail to an address in our organisation that didn't exist, a non delivered mail report, and the mail itself was forwarded to the administrator.

Now, with Exchange 2000, we only receive notification of non delivery, and not the actual message. Is there any way to configure Exchange to deliver the actual e mail to the administrator in this case?

Many thanks Kathy

I would look for the "badmail" action.
Navigate to your default smtp server and right click. Go to the properties and in there go the the "messages" tab. One of your options here is to have all NDRs sent to you or someone you specify

Thanks Danny,

Yes, I did that, but I can't find any way to have the whole message forwarded. It sends an NDR but the actual body of the message is missing. In Exchange 5.5 the whole message was delivered. Do you know how I can configure it to send the whole thing?

Kathy R

Thus the reason it says "Send copy of NDR"

There is another thread on this lets stick to one. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thank you for that Dan. Yes, I understood what "send copy" meant funnily enough. My question related to the original, I will keep my eyes open for any answers.

Kathy

The only answer to this problem that I have been able to find is this:

When you open the NDR, click on the "Send again" button. This will open the original email, including body text.

Seems a bit cumbersome, but at least you can identify who the sender/recipient is this way

Hope this is of some help

Ricky

Thank you Ricky,

That is really helpful, at least we can get the messages now. I was looking on the server, in the badmail, everywhere. I hadn't realised that it was that simple

Regards kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back