Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-Avaya IP stations with IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

dialtoneuk

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
Is it possible to use Non-Avaya IP stations with an IP Office solution?

D. [neutral]

It is possible, but you will need a licence from Avaya to do so (probably cheaper to use Avaya Sets)

Likewise, it is your responsibility to configure them and if they don't work - tough; Avaya won't support you, even though you have paid for a licence...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

& Obviously 3rd party sets would need to be H323 & not SIP

Do not expect programmable keys & display fuctions to work on a 3rd party set, I would not expect anything more than pot phone functionality.

To supplement on IPGuru

From my experience with H323 adapters on the IPO, i wouldn't go ahead with the project!

Things like transfer and hold functions would most likely not work. The IPO really doesn't follow the H323 standard quite well!

There is a workaround on how to use 3rd party sets without the need of a license. The way of doing it is through IP Lines.
The 3rd party set will not register with the avaya gatekeeper therefore you will not have CTI application such as phone mangaer etc. and you will have to program some shortcodes to make the setup seamless.

Thanks Guys for the advice.
Think I'll have to put a business case together for the Avaya option.

Cheers

D. [neutral]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back