Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

non-alphamuric characters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

turborob

Programmer
Dec 10, 2000
GB
I'm upgrading a computer for a friend and using Norton Ghost to clone the old disk to the new. It's barfing because it's finding a file in the temporary internet fils folder which is made up of non-alphamuric characters. Because it can't copy the file the entire clone process stops.

And because I can't delete the file, I can't fix the problem. A quick look around on the web doesn't help. Does anyone know of a utility which'll kill non-alphanumeric filenames ?

It's Windoze 2000 Pro if it helps !

Just tried DelFXPfile . . . it allowed me to browse to teh folder containing the files but still gives an error message when I try to delete them. The really annoying thing is that these are files in Internet Explorers cache and that's part of Windows so I can't physically uninstall it . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back