Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-Administrator Shadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKidd

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2000
US
I know how to let a non-administrator shadow with metaframe 1.8, but I recently upgraded to W2K with Metaframe XPe FR-2. I am unable to allow non-administrator to shadow. We get the following error: Shadow Failed. Error Code 5 ( Error 5 - Access is Denied. ). Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, once you installed FR2 you created a second location that the user must be authenticated to. In the ICA Connection configuraton you select security and then add or select the user group and the advanced to select the shadow permission. This is pretty much the same old way.

The next thing that must be set is in the Citrix Management console. The user will have to be included here as an administrator but only needs permissions applied to shadow. They also will need appropriate permissions to the shadow files, wshadow.cnt,wshadow.dll,wshadow.exe,wshadow.hlp,cshadow.exe and shadow.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back