Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nokia IP330

Status
Not open for further replies.

tester125

MIS
Sep 24, 2003
US
Hi all,

Am running Checkpoint NG FP3 on a windows 2k server with the license installed. I recently purchased a Nokia IP330 and I want to move the license to the Nokia.
How do I go about doing this.

Thanks.

You should have a license file somewhere.

Try smartupdate part of which lets you control licenses for free. Updating software is a chargable add on.

Alternatively ftp binary the license file over and use cpconfig to add the license.

Thanks for the input Birmingham,

Sorry If I got you confused. I want to know if I need to detach the license off of the windows 2k server, before I attach it to the IP330. An if so, how do I go about doing this.

I think there used to be two types of license. A central license that you can attach to anything and the "local" license that you attach to the module with the ip address you are licensed for.

I guess the ip addresses on w2k and nokia are the same so the next question is are you using smartupdate to manage the licenses? If yes probably best to detach before putting the nokia in place and then attach but get a eval license from your reseller during the migration.

If you have the email form checkpoint with the original license on and its a local license there might be legal reasons why you should detach w2k and attach to nokia but not any technical ones so like i said you would run cpconfig on the ipso box and add the license like that.

Thanks alot guys,

Both suggestion sounds great. I'll give it a shot, let you know the outcome. As I will be doing this next week.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back