Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nokia Backup Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMEIF

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
GB
I have a Nokia Firewall IP330, IPSo 3.7/3.8
I am trying to create an automated backup scheduler from the Voyager browser interfce.

I have downloaded articles from Nokia support website and have applied the commands

ls >/tmp/out 2>&1 - This is applied successfully, however it is having no affect, there is nothinh happening in terms of automated backup. Please advise.

How are you trying to do the backup?

From Voyager you should be going to System Configuration > Backup and Restore > Scheduled Backup

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

I am doing the backup from the Voyager- backup and restore-scheduled backup, yet it is still not doing a scheduled backup automatically, Although it has an entry of scheduled backup commands. In the scheduled backup i am adding an entry to automate the execution of commands on Nokia IPSO.

What commands?

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

My delay in my response, been away from work!

Actually I have found an alternative solution to this from the syngress book - Nokia Security Handbook - pg 137.

The backup can be done via backup confguration available in Voyager, Make sure you select both Default backup and backup home directories at the minimum.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back