Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

noise at transfer end

Status
Not open for further replies.

tartosuc

Technical User
Jul 27, 2017
CA
HI,
i'm not a IT or phone Tech, i'm an A/V tech in a small office that has meridian system so be kind, i dont know much about the system, lol.

recently we had a strange problem and wondering if anyone of you can help me solve the issue.

one of our sales guy is working outside of the office this week. So our secretary transfer his calls to his Iphone.
problem is whenever its a forwarded call from the meridian, the sales guy says its a very noisy call. if he get a call directly from a customer it's ok.

any idea what's happening? I tough forwarding the call would not keep the meridian system connected when the forward is complete but it seem not.

thanks

A few things to check..
1.Grounding of the system, means cabinets in which PRI card is installed.
2. OUT the channels used for outbound calls and recreate them.
3. REBOOTING the system may solve the issue but it should be done by a person having sound expertise on meridian.

as far as i know the system is grounded. but i'll double check
i have rebooted the system before, i'll give it a try

not sure how to do the ''out the channels an recreate them''

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back