Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No write acces to NumericPrompts directory voicemail pro thread940-1766670 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearjunkie

Programmer
Sep 27, 2016
NL
In previous versions of VMPro it was possible to change the NumericPrompts to your own pre-recorded custom prompts.

I noticed that from version 10.x. this is not possible any more. Unfortunately Avaya blocked write acces to the files in
/opt/vmpro/Wavs/CustomPrompts/NumericPrompts DIR.

From what I can see, with the web file manager, there is no option to copy custom numericprompts to the NumericPrompts DIR.

Does anyone have a solution or should I raise a support case?

RELATED TO: thread940-1766670

simplest solution would be to SSH on to the server & change the permissions of the directory/files

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Why not just play the file /wavdirectory/$QPOS ?
That way they can be anywhere.

The "correct" way of moving the files would be to SCP them to the server as Administrator, then switching to root and copying them to the NumericPrompts folder and then change the owner to vmpro:vmpro.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

There's a lot of problems with using File Manager, which seems to be what Avaya wants you to use.

- You can't create directories
- All files gets copied to /opt/vmpro/Wavs and /opt/wmpro/Wavs/CustomPrompts
- When you upload files via File Manager it removes all the current files before uploading them again according to the list. If you manually copied some files and then use File Manager, the copied files will be removed.

Hi all! thanks for your respons.

Looks like it's a big BETA at VMPRO file management. R10.x

1) It's not possible to upload (SCP) any files in de vmpro DIR's. Administrator doesn't have enough right's
2) Root can't login with SCP. Acces denied.
3) So I also thought to build a complete custom $QPOS like @janni78 suggested but i can't upload the files thru he file manager as indeed it deletes excisiting files.
4) All file rights are assigned to VMPRO (group and user).

So i'll put up a R11 LAB environment to test if R11 has some workable fixes.

To be continued...

You can change the permissions on the WAVS folder using the chmod -R 777 [file/foldername] command.

Use putty to log in using Administrator. Type admin and then use the previous credentials again.

Then type root and login with the root credentials.

Type cd /opt/vmpro/ to change to the vmpro directory.

Type chmod -R 777 WAVS to change the permission to Read, Write and Execute for Administrator.

You will now be able to use WinSCP to copy files to this directory.

ACSS (SME)

Stop giving the recommendation to "chmod -R 777", do you even know exactly what it does other than solve your issue?

If you gonna chmod, at least do it correctly.

The best solution would probably be to add Administrator to the vmpro group, that way it will get write access to the Wavs folder.

It took some time before I was able to test it on a clean install R11 but I finaly did. In the R11 release you can write to the /CustomPrompts and /NummericPrompts dirs. So the problem looks solved in R11. In the meantime we have a SP3 on R10. So I have to check if the problem also is fixed in this version. In the techbulletin 218 there are some fixed remarks on directory issues concerning the webmanager (are we allowed to use this again without major issues?...[bigsmile]) Any way, thanks everyone for thinking with me at this stage.

I am just playing with it and you need to click on the "apply promts" on the right.
I am not sure if this options works very well at the moment.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back