Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No wireless receiver detected on your computer message after plugging in a USB3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJorde

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are sharing the same exact problem. I purchased a USB3 Scandisk for backup and when I plugged it into the computer for the first time, my wireless mouse stopped working. This was on my Desktop computer. So thinking it was an anomaly, stupid me, I plugged it into my Dell Laptop and the wireless mouse stopped working on it as well. I spent a day doing everything I could think of including uninstalling the drivers. All my research so far has come to this; "no wireless receiver detected on your computer".
I went to Staples to talk to the IT professional there and he showed me a stack of computers with the same problem. They didn't know how to fix this issue.
The 2 mice I am using are both Logitech M215 and M325 models.
Does anyone know of this and can tell me how to fix it. PLEASE

Update; the Staples IT guy says $159 for each computer and they have a fix. I won't be buying any more computers from them.
I still need help if anyone knows what to do.

Dave
drjorde@gmail.com

DrJorde
Webmaster

Sounds very like you have been hit with the Win 10 kb4074588 update glitch/bug. Read the 'Known issues' section which seems to describe the exact problem you are having with USB devices...

I had to go to Windows Support Level 2 to get it fixed. The level 1 staff spent 2 hours to no avail before sending me to the next level. They fixed it less than 10 minutes and it happened so fast I didn't ralize it was fixed forefront they asked if there was anything else they could do for me.
The same exact thing happened on my wife's Toshiba Laptop. After two separate calls hanging up on me (My Magic Jack times out, who knew) I decided to try to do a reset and that fixed it. So all 3 W10 computers are now working and I also have a thumbdrive that will allow me to return my Desktop back to W7 if I choose.
Thanks everyone.
Dave

DrJorde
Webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back