Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no video

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgenesis

Technical User
Aug 24, 2004
US
I am setting up a new M3N78-VM motherboard. Problem is, when I turn the computer on, I do not get anything on my monitor. The motherboard LED light is on, the hard drive spins, and the fans spin. But nothing shows up on the monitor, and there is no beep from the motherboard.

Here's the setup (very simple):
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
(
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e Brisbane CPU
(
And I have a SATA hard drive plugged in.

I have looked for a RAM compatibility list, but turned up nothing. I don't see any reason, though, why the RAM would be incompatible. I also noticed that the board won't power down when I hold down the power switch, and I read that this is a sign of a bad board. Any truth to this?

Please help!

pgenesis - first of all, unplug SATA cable from the mainboard, take out one of the two RAMs, then clear the CMOS (check manual on how to do this)...

Check that the PSU connectors and GFX-Card are seated correctly... then power up the PC...

if it POSTs, power down and add the next RAM stick...

power up again, if it POSTs, then power back down and hook up the SATA drive(s) (one after another)...

report back...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

If you have any other memory sticks which are compatible with your motherboard try them out in place of the Corsair ones. Try to insert your memory into different memory slots on your motherboard and see if it works.

Joomla Websites & SEO ===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back