Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no video when i turn on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzeto

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hi, I'm running a amd K6 350 mhz. When I turn on my computer, I get no video at all. I hear the hard drive spinning, the fan for the cpu spins, the cd rom comes on, but no video. There are no beeps as well. I have tried a different video card, have tried different monitors, no luck. I have messed with the jumper for the cmos, nothing. I've tried reseating the memory and still nothing. If anybody can help, I would appreciate it. Also, I'm not sure what kind of motherboard it is.

I have the same problem with my comp. I just got a Geforce4 MX PCI and I get no video. I know the monitor sees the card cause the signal warning goes away. I can hear the drive spin up but get no 'beeps' BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

I have this problem. The computer starts and there is power to the screen (orange light on the monitor) but no display. It started when I tried to put extra RAM in. But I can't see why this would affect the display.

A few people have suggested a new graphics card but it was fine before I put the new RAM in (I have tried it without the extra RAM also. In fact, I've tried bloody everything!)

Hi all
Try going into BIOS and out again, without any modification but using the save new setting option to come out of BIOS.

I have the same problem, I have a ati radeon 7500 and when I turn on my PC my monitor light turns from green to amber, could it be that the power supply is not powerful enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back