Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Video...system will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
This is an AMD 1.4 Ghz with XP. It does not give any beeps, the floppy drive and CDRom light do not come on. The fan does run and it's getting voltage to the power supply cable's ie. hard drive etc. I have reseated the memory (1-128 meg stick) and unplugged CDRom, floppy etc to see if it would get any video or beep like it's posting, but it's not.

Thanks in advance,

Grey Eagle

Its the FSB.
Use the jumper to clear the CMOS-Reboot
Should boot right up now, load setup defaults in CMOS
Make sure the FSB settings are accurate.

Could you post more information ?

> Your description of problem should include something about the history of the computer, eg., is it brand new (and never run before)?
Was it running fine and then just wouldn't start ?

ETC.

I had a similar issue. In CMOS setup there is a "Boot from AGP or PCI" on some PC's. If you set it wrong that is PCI when you have an AGP card the system will not boot. If you are handy just shut off the system and put in a junk PCI video card and enter CMOS. Change it to AGP and save then as it is rebooting shut it down. Now put your AGP card back in and it should be fine. It worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back