Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No video or Post Beeps on Startup#2

Status
Not open for further replies.

avman32107

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
US
Pc-Chips 811LU motherboard
AMD 1.4 cpu (266 fsb)
256 ddr266 ram
Geforce 2 ti 64meg

I get no video post and no beep codes.
I tried starting it up on the table and no change.
Re-seated the ram and video and cpu. no luck
Then I just took the ram and video off and had the pc speaker hooked up and booted it and I don't even get beeps. I thought is was supposed to to beep without the ram being installed.

Hi,

Have you tried re-setting the bios with the jumper?

Nowell

Update... I tried 2 PSUs a 300W and a 350W. Both powered the PSU/CPU fan on. I even tried a PCI video card.

Nowell, Yes I tried that also. No change. I made sure before I powered the mobo initially that all the jumpers were se right for my CPU. Then when it didn't boot I reset the bios. No change.

Hi,

You could try taking the battery out for 1 hour, that will also re-set the bios.

Can you get into bios at all?

Have you been overclocking?

No overclocking... I'll try taking out the CMOS battery, I have never gotten to see any sort of screen. No video will show, The monitor stays in "check signal" mode.

Check all jumper settings, ram compatibility etc. Try isolating each component, like try the ram to other mobo, if it works try the CPU to other mobo, and so on and so forth. I could also be the PSU. Now if everything works, then the mobo is the culprit.

Good ideas to follow up on, are already given...

check out this faq aswell: faq602-2731 from mudskipper

might also help you get to there...

another thing to check for is that all connectors are seated correctly, the RAM is firmly in place, that the HeatSink is properly installed and connected (also check that the mobo supports the HS some MoBo's don't like HS Fans that run under specs and thus do not POST), make sure that the GFX card in use is seated correctly... take a physical look at your MoBo look for any damage, like scratches, heat distortions etc...

Ben

Sorry but this might not be of much help either. I'm having the same problem that you are having too. mine first started with a ECS KT-600 board, i couldn't get it to post and had no video, no beeps. So i RMAed it and got the PC Chips 811LU because i got one to run just fine with a AMD 1900+ a week ago. but i couldn't get this one to run. I replace the case, Power supply, Memory, cpu fan and hard drives and still nothing. i'm left to belive it's a bad cpu but there is one thing that's really puzzling me. During all this there seems to be something, also, going on with the IDE socket. the hard drive and CD-rom don't power up correctly when the IDE cable is attatched to the motherboard (the HD doesn't whirl and the activity light on the CD just stays on and doesn't flash and the tray doesn't open) but the HD and CD-rom works normal when i take the IDE cable off the MOBO. i'm using a AMD 1800+, PC2700 DDR 256MD (PNY or Kingmax), and a Mad Dog nvida FX 5200. both cases use a 350 power supply. i've reseated everything time and time again. the board ships with the CMOS jumper in the clear position so i've even fixed that. all i can say is help.

Mess29, no offense to you I hope, but please start your own thread, in order to stop confusion and to be able to help you for your PROBLEM better...

Ben

PS replace the IDE cables, try the HDs and CDrom in another PC, possible IDE PORT defective on your rig...

PSS if you post in another thread do state if the system posts with no DRIVES attached...

Just a thought

If you have a 4 pin 12V terminal on the motherboard you MUST connect the plug from the power supply as well as the standard ATX connector for the system to boot.

I had the same problem. Drove me nuts for a week, now I feel like a goose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back