Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no video on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmeyer

Technical User
Oct 16, 2001
US
Trying to build a server using:
ASUS P3C-S
(2) IDE drives
(3) SCSI 2 (onboard)
2x256 RDRAM
PIII EB 600 slot 1
Generic AGP w/Trident chip (Jaton)

Crank it up and everythings spinning, RAM's clicking, fans spinning, nothings smoking but no video either.

Tried a different video card, nada.

Checked manual, all default settings on MB should be fine.

All new componets.

Any suggestions?

~d The DI from PI
Virginia Beach, VA U.S.A.

Try memory form some other KNOW WORKING source.... "More Than Merely Names"
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

Remove all cards and memory from board. Reinstall memory and video card only and connect no drives what so ever. Fire up the board to see if the bios comes up on your display. If it does then your video is working. If not it could be a bad board. This happened to me before. I also had a board with a bad AGP port. Try a PCI video card if you have an old one laying around. And as above said, I would put memory in that you know is working from another pc.

Thanks,
Tried everything, but don't have a PCI video card, but it occured to me, deja vu!

Same problem a few months back, same motherboard series P3C, a Google search showed that it has a reputation for bad Intel chip (my boss buys the stuff...)

My take, it's the board, but I managed to get another one up...

~d The DI from PI
Virginia Beach, VA U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back