Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No video image, but computer starts... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

naraujo

Technical User
Feb 8, 2002
US
I just built a new computer about a three months ago. It was working fine for a while but about a week ago I stoped getting an image on my monitor. I've tested the monitor on a different computer. I've tested the video card with a different video card. I've replaced the motherboard. I've ran the computer with nothing hooked up except for the video card. Nothing works! Unfortunately I don't have a PCI P.O.S.T. card so I can't see what the problem is. I would like to avoid buying one so if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

System
- Abit KR7A-RAID (motherboard)
- Xtasy GeForce 3 (Video Card)
- SB Audigy(Sound card)
- AMD Athlon XP 1900+
- Kingston VR266x64c25/512 (memory) X2
- Windows XP home
- ViewSonic A75f (monitor)

P.S. If anybody knows were I could get a cheap PCI P.O.S.T. card it would be greatly appreciated

-Nelson

Ops, I forgot to say. The computer seems to start up. When I push the Power button all the lights light up the fans start up. Even the DVD player lights up. The computer seems to be working fine other then there being no video picture.

-nelson

I found out what the problem was. I just wanted to let you know if any of you encounter the same problem. It was the power supply. I don't know exactly why or how but when I replaced it with an old power supply I had laying around it worked fine. Maybe the computer wasn't receiving enough power I only had a 250 power supply the new one is 300.

-Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back