Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Video Compaq Preserio 8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

acelorier

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
US
this PC doesn't have video - it has an onboard video chip and I've also tried to add a video card. With either still cannot see anything on monitor. Monitor is good. PC seems to boot up ok. Tried reseating the on board battery hoping to reset setting. Still not video display. Any ideas? and thank you much in advance for all you input.

Have you got the internal Speaker plugged in? If so, does it beep?

Have you tried different type of vid card? As in PCI AGP bla bla bla....

A little history: what predated this event? Or did it just stop out of the blue...think hard, what were you doing at the time this manifested? Any software/hardware changes, blue screens, hard resets, power outages etc?

Tony

funkytunaa - do not hear any beeps - which partially leads me to think of bad HD - even though it's spinning. thanks

wahnula thaks for the reminder to think back - however this is my nephews PC - no on may ever know what his last key strokes were.

Is it booting at all? As in does the mem check come up or is it just a blank screen. If it doesn't come up with anything, double check that the HDD cable is plugged in the correct way.

Otherwise, take out everything except for Ram, CPU and video card, and see if you can boot into BIOS.

Cheers!

ok, thanks! PC doesn't seem to boot. no mem chk does come up. will chk hdd and try your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back