Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no user ID when Groupwise starts up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2000
US
Hello:

I would like to configure GroupWise to _not_ remember the username of the last authenticated user who logged in under that Windows profile. Is is possible to pass the groupwise exe a command line switch to not load the user ID?

I should clarify that adding /@u-? after grpwise.exe in my shortcut target only works the first time. after i log in to groupwise, then exit, then click on my shortcut again, it puts in my user ID.

basically, i want to make a single, locked down, super simplified terminal services profile for each user in my AD. for one of the applications offered on my terminal services desktop, it opens up groupwise to send an email notification. however, for each person who logs in, they get whoever was the last groupwise user ID in the login box. it's just an annoyance, really.

There isn't any way of leaving it totally blank. I have seen it setup so that it always puts in something to be cleared such as: type_user_name_here and other variations, but there is no way to make it blank. I thought I had it once using the Alt-255 space character but you still have to clear that.

Cheers,
Mark ;-)

Mark,

Do you remember how to enable the put-your-username-here option?

Sure, just put in the switch - /@u-put-your-username-here

It really doesn't lookup for a real account name, it just fills it in.

Cheers,
Mark ;-)

thanks! this inspired me to figure out a solution to my original problem.

if you put this switch on the shorcut command line
/@u-%username%

it will insert the windows login name at the groupwise login prompt every time! our windows logins are identical to our NDS/groupwise logins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back