Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Transport Provider 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiwan999

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2003
US
I have a few users logging into MS Outlook 2000 and they send email and it immediately gets bounced back with a No Transport Provider available. I went through the configuration in Outlook and the entire POP3 Account is set up correctly. I updated and put on the MS Windows Patches and such. I can send email from the providers Web-Based facility so I know the account works. I tried changing the SMTP Server and I also tried uninstalling and reinstall MS Office. And still no luck. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks

I've already tried these various approaches from Microsoft. I can send stuff fine with Outlook Express. Its just individual Computers. Is there some sort of virus out there that would cause this? I'm lost for answers. I have 37 computer with essentially the same settings in Outlook. I have like 5 that don't work and there is no real connections between the 5 PC's Does anybody have any ideas

See Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 176731
Because, as you say all the machines are set up the same way the most probable cause is a damaged .pst file on the client PC. This article will show you how to replace/repair it. Be sure to read the note on the Resolution it details how to retain meesages, contacts, tasks etc from your old .pst.

Good Luck

Yes but my bigger problem is they are all hooked into an exchange server. The configuration is there is an exchange server for all in-house e-mail that houses all contacts and such for the individual. There there is POP3 email that is outsourced. That is the account that is giving me problems. There are no PST files residing on the individual desktops.

Hi,

I have had this problem but it just affected 1 particular e-mail (you can see this on my thread "One of my e-mails just wont go") I ended up splitting the list of recipients in half and then the mails went.

Ray

If I read this right, you've got users with Outlook 2000 configured for Internet email and Exchange. That's my situation and Microsoft says it doesn't work. Except that it has been working for a number of years until last Monday (12/26/03) in the afternoon. If my users try to send email to an internet address they get the error. If I configure Outlook with Internet only, no problem. It only fails with Internet and Exchange together, and only within the last week. I have also found that if I change the year on the problem PCs to 2003, the problem goes away... The only PCs that have not developed the problem are the ones running Outlook XP.

I'm looking for a solution now - I'll post if I find one.

dw04

Got almost the exact same problem here. Only difference is changing the date on the client did not help. It started on 12/30/3 that we are aware of. We can receive external email but we cannot send it. We are running the same configuration as you.

If you find anything let me know and I will do the same.

IF ANYONE else has ideas to this, help!!!!! We are in dire need here.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have the exact setup and problem as obiwan999 and juvin. I have not tried changing the date, but even if it did work it would not be a long term fix. It just started last week and seems to be limited to my Win2K machines w/ Office 2K. My XP boxes w/ Office XP are unaffected - so far. This is driving me nuts! ! ! ! !
Any help will be really really appreciated.

Anyone with this problem have users using different internet mail accounts or just getting exchange to gather mail from a central account on the ISP? I need users to have exchange for internal and random internet IMAP/POP3 accounts for external, with ISP's SMTP as outoing. Haven't gotten this working at all. I don't think I ever got to a point where a service pack will fix it. What kind of settings do I need on exchange 2000/isa 2000 to get this working. I have win2k boxes running office XP. I need basics! Thanks!

Okay, not quite that basic. I know how I'm supposed to be able to add accounts to outlook as described in the link you posted. I've been trying with a fastmail.fm IMAP account one of my users has, with my ISP SMTP server as outgoing. Neither incoming from fastmail or outgoing to my ISP will work. I've checked the requirements for username and password settings and the spelling of the IMAP server about a dozen times, so I know I have the account set up right on Outlook. These user's only link to the internet is through the ISA server on my win2k server which is connected through dial-up. I don't know if this or something else is causing the problem, but my clients' outlook can't seem to get out onto the internet at all. I get server can't be found errors, not any kind of user/pass or other invalid config errors. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Some users may have to Install Office Service Pack 1a first and then SP3.

This will resolve the Outlook Corporate/Workgroup issue of not being able to send email using external ISP

I have had this happen a couple of time with differant end users. basically what I had to do is check and make sure that the email address they were sending the document to were correct.

Hope this helps.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back