Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Text Qualifier for Delimited Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwheads

Programmer
Apr 24, 2004
ZA
Hi All

I have been trying to code a Delimited Export of a query with TransferText but I specifically need that Export with a Text Qualifier of <none>.

If I do a manual export, I can release the file as I need it but a macro or coded version defaults the Text Qualifier to "".

My code currently is:
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "", "qryCurrentPostings", "c:\windows\desktop\exports\test.txt", False, ""

Does anybody have a solution or any other code to add to the above.

regards,

Paul

Exporting delimeted with delimiter <none> sounds like viewing with no viewing sensor!!

Have you thought of exporting with fixed length.....

BTW, I tried your code and I get a (;) delimited file with (") for text qualifiers.

Thanks, must be comma delim but Text Qualifier of none, i.e,

This is the standard access format:
"STATIONERY","OFFICE SUPPLIES","256376.23","SHIP"

This is the way I need it for another import process:
STATIONERY,OFFICE SUPPLIES,256376.23,SHIP

Regards,

Paul

Sorry for that post! Must be thinking of something else!
Apologies

You should create an export specification using wizard. Press the advanced button during the process, save the specs and use it from now on.

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "MyExportSpec1", "qryCurrentPostings", "c:\windows\desktop\exports\test.txt

Thanks,
you're forgiven for the 1st post
The 2nd one however is just what I was looking for, cheers for that,

All the best,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back