Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Telco Dialing Error Recordings With SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamerein

Technical User
Jun 15, 2006
CA
I have a Mitel 3300 MXe III Controller that is running 5.0 PR 2. It has SIP Trunks from Allstream and I have run into the issue that if the user dials a 9, 1, and a 10 digit local number or 9 and a 10 digit long distance number the call will ring about 8 times and then just go busy. The user does not get a recording from the Telco like the did when they had PRI that states that they dialed a local number so there's no need to dial a 1 or that they've dialed a long distance number so they need to dial a 1.

I have been told that this is the way SIP Trunks work but I also have another site that is running Allstream SIP Trunks but they have an Avaya IP Office and they do get the recordings so I know that the SIP Trunks do support this feature.

Is there possibly something I'm missing in the Mitel 3300 that I need to turn on to get these recordings?

A wireshark or ccs trace is the next step to solve the issue, you need to know what signaling Allstream is sending. Are they sending a 183 or 180? If you inspect the CCS trace you may see a *240 indicating a progress is being received, if this is being received and the audio is not being cut through try turning on the ccs feature early tx connect(think the command is: ccs enable dpnss early).

Wonder if there is any differences in the SIP trunks between the two locations. We had issues that we could get XNet running through Allstream in one city but could never get it working in another. Tried to get the Allstream guy to speak to the tech in the working city and he would not. Not a great fan of Allstream.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back