Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No talk path between IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech1

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
Hi All,
I just finished adding a few new IP phones and I have no talk path between my new phones and my old phones.
My old phones are
DBC 425 01/01001 R2A and DBC 422 01/01001 R3A

My new phones are
DBC 425 01/01001 R2B and DBC 422 01/01001 R3E

Calls are fine between the phones of the same rev level, but when I plcae a call between new and old phones I get no talk path.

They all programmed the same. I don't have a clue where to start.

Thanks

following printouts can be useful :

CADAP
IPBOP:BPOS=ALL; (do a CNBIP:BPOS=x-x-x for all boards from this list)
IPERP:DIR=ALL; (please point out which are the old ones and which are the new ones)

also provide the contents of your config file.

Cheers,
Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Here are the printouts. I am not sure how to get the configuration file.

<CADAP;
CALENDAR DATA
IDENTITY=AI-LOGIX
VERSION=CXP1010130/2/BC12SP6/R3B
13:52:14
FRI 07 APR 2006
END

<IPBOP:BPOS=ALL;
IP NETWORK INTERFACE DATA

BPOS IP ADDRESS MASK ROUTER ETHCNF

1-0-30 10.0.2.3 255.0.0.0 - 0

END

<CNBIP:BPOS=1-0-30;

DEVICE BOARD REVISION INFORMATION

DATE: 07APR06 TIME: 14:04:03

BPOS BOARD/BRDID PRODUCT NUMBER REVISION STATUS ADD
/IND

001-0-30 ELU32 ROF1375428/1 R6A
CAA 158 0022 R4F EXE

END
<
<IPERP:DIR=ALL;
IP EXTENSION REVISION DATA

DIR REVISION IP TERMINAL

1100 R2A/R3K/R3D DBC42501
1101 R3A/R3K/R3D DBC42201
1102 NOT REGISTERED
1103 R3E/R4F/R4A DBC42201
1104 R2B/R4F/R4A DBC42501
1105 R3E/R4F/R4A DBC42201

END

Thanks

I will interrupt you guys, your config file maybe not be right. In your web server you must have folder called dbc42501 & dbc42201. You must have the right BootFile and ApplicationFile. Then recheck the new IP phones web server IP address. Make it the same as the old IP phones, then reboot the new after the changes. My suspect here is the web server of the new phones are not correct because it doesn't load same files as the old phones, I am assuming the old phones got the file correctly.

anyway, the noway speech probleem lies indeed in the fact that ext 1100/1101 are running R3 application software and this soft is unable to talk with R4. check your phone webserver settings (if you have a webserver?!)

also on a side note, latest revisions for your PBX are :

BC12/SP9 (there are MANY IP related fixes in the last 3 servicepacks)
ELU32 R5A firmware, phone firmware is also R5A.

Cheers,
Daddy

Okay, I read your comments above. So you cannot reach or access the config file. Your option now is to check the IP phones network configuration. Make the webserver ip address same as the old ones. To change the IP address, you need to go to Admin Mode which is *5C. This means while you are in the Network Settings, you will press * key, number 5 key and C clear key at the same time. You will hear a beep and you can edit the ip addresses. Good luck....

R4x Versions of Firmware and R3x versions of Firmware will not talk to each other unless the following line is entered in the Config File.

CompatibleWithR3applications=Yes

indeed TripleT, but I think the main problem here is that phonetech1 is not running a webserver.
phonetech1 can you give some feedback?

Thanks for the info. I just got to work and read all the new posts since Fri. (I am in the eastern time zone US.)
I will follow all the suggestions and I will post an update this morning.

I am not sure which web server you have mentioned. Web servers for phones are active and I can access every one of them, but there is not much I can change there.

Folks, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Now I can put together the information in Alex about the web server with your suggestions. No I don't have a web server. I will set it up and I will post an update on my progress.

Folks, just wanted to thank you for your help.
I was finally able to put all the info together and the SW server in Alex started making sense. I've installed a web server on my sysadmin PC. Loaded there edited config files with a statement suggested by TripleT:
CompatibleWithR3applications=Yes
and now I have a talk path between a different phone versions.

I still have one talk path related problem, but I will start a new thread for that.

phonetech1, do you have the firware for the phones availabe? It is more logic to put all phones in the same revision...

My vendor's salesrep promised that one of his engineers will contact me to help me resolve this problem. Thanks to you guys the problem has been resolved, but I will tell him that I want everything upgraded to the most current level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back