Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no tabs in xls fromat export

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcole

Programmer
Aug 2, 2000
US
I have a report that I am exporting to excel. I do not want the tabs for each group. How can I force all data on one sheet?

I am using code to specify the format:
RenderType = "EXCEL";
applicationType = "application/xls";
ftype = ".xls";

Hi,

Format a similar report without groups.

Or format a query for all the data in the report.

Or, in Excel, use MS Query via Data/Get External Data... to query each sheet in the resultset as a UNION query into a new sheet.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

This will probably be more to do with your report set up in RS. Please can you describe how the report is laid out in RS ?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

I know how to change it in the setup. I am rendering the report through code so I don't have to use the report manager interface. I read somewhere that I could change it with the render command but I can not find it.
Thanks for the help.

By the sounds of it you have page breaks being forced before/after your groups.

This will create a sheet(tab) for each page when you export the report to MS Excel.

Try removing the page breaks and see if you still get the same output when you export.

Cheers,
Leigh

The problem with common sense is that it isn't that common!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back