Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Subject field in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
When creating a new message, or replying to an e-mail message, only the "To" field appears - not the "CC" or "Subject" fields. The message area appears, but do you have any idea how to restore the "CC" and "Subject" fields?

Thanks!

Hi,

Have you tried going to View, Message header?

Peter

Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

Thanks, Peter - that solution works on reply messages but there is no Message option on the View menu for a new message. Is that a clue something else may be wrong?

Peter - let me clarify my last post. There is a Message Header option on the View menu only for messages received. When creating a new message or replying to a message, there is no Message Header option on the View menu for messages to be sent.

Hi Rosebud,

sorry for the delay getting back to you.

That is a strange one. I am on Outlook 2k here and have the option View, Message Header on all mail (replies, new etc)

It might be worth trying a Detect & Repair on the system which is under the Help menu (on 2k anyway)

I hope that helps.

Peter

Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back