Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO SRP connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicheleAnn716

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
Everytime I reboot my server, the BES show a green PC w/a red X through it? Suggestions?

Can you restart the services at all? or do you get this icon all the time ?

This suggetss you have an issue connecting to the BBI. Normally you are pointing at the incorrect SRP (srp.xx.blackberry.net). If this is the case then run a repair on the installation and change the settings for the SRP connection.

It may also be that the firewall isn't allowing the connection through port 3101.

Also check your DNS. Perhaps it cannot resolve the host you are trying to connect to.

I had this same problem when I first setup the BES server. I could ping srp.xx.blackberry.net ok but it still would not work.

The problem was the firewall, I setup the BES server with a fixed IP address and created a rule on the firewall to allow it out.

Workes fine now.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back