Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Space ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

petermarshall2203

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
CA
Hi everyone. I am in a bit of a bind. I have arcserve2000 running on my fileserver / domain controller. It has 4 scsi drives that are rade'ed together to make one big drive. However, the person who configured it only left 3 gigs on the c drive .... and my OS takes about 1.5 .. I need to free up some space with ARCServe as there is not enough space to run the backups any more. Does anyone know what files I can remove in ARCServe to make more space ?

Thanks

Peter Marshall

Do you have a SQL Server running anywhere accessible? You can clear up some disk space if you use SQL Server as your database. If you are using Raima your C drive will fill up with database files. And you need those to perform restores. All of the other files that come with ARCserve are very small or very neccessary.

You could also reinstall ARCserve on the other partition that has more space.

install on the d drive ... that is an awesome idea. ... I can't believe I did not think of that ... Thank you very much.

Peter.

If you want to save your database and jobs just stop the ARCserve services copy the QSD and database directories to the side. Uninstall and then install on the other drive. Make sure you apply the same patches and stop the services, then move your old job (QSD) and database directories in to place. That way you won't have to recreate your jobs or database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back