Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljwmis

MIS
May 23, 2001
GB
I had a total PC freeze (Windows 98 SE) when using AOL6/IE, nothing brought it back, not even ctrl-alt-delete. So I switched PC off - I know I should not do this but it has been done before without a problem.

However, when rebooting PC an error message, concerning the Creative SB Live Sound Card, popped up and disappeared. The PC had not sound so I re-booted assuming the problem would clear. PC now seems to re-boot without installing sound card drivers at all, I have checked Device Manager - nothing.

I have run scandisk, checked speakers, connections etc. everything else appears to be working.

Any help appreciated.

Reinstall the sound card drivers as a first step, chances are this will solve the problem All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Try to boot in safe mode
check the device manager
if the sound card exists or any undetected device saying multimedia device please remove it
restart u r pc
& it will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back