Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO SOUND SiS730S/AC' 97 on an M810LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

askIllustrator

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
DE
I am at my wits end! I can't for the life of me figure this one out. I set up an MP3 server out of old parts but is useless without sound!

Motherboard: Amptron M810LR
Chipset: Silicon Intergrated Systems 730S (SiS730S)
Codec: PCChips Audio Codec 97 (AC' 97)

I've tried drivers from SiS, PCChips, Realtek, Amptron (pack-in CD and web page), VIA and a few others. Most seem to be based on the SiS7018 driver set and install fine. The device manager gives me no flags and it says the device is working properly. So I know it's being seen and is turned on in the BIOS. I am soooo frustrated, please please please will someone help. I'm wondering if there is a better to get rid of old drivers before trying new ones besides turning the device off in the BIOS temporarily.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Hi dmnalven, And do any pin need to be jumpered in "LAUDIO HEADER BLOCK" ??

Hi dmnalven , And do any pin need to be jumpered in "LAUDIO HEADER BLOCK section" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back