Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No sound playing DVD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voga

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hello everybody.
I have a problem with sound playing any DVDs on my laptop. I did try different softwares. OS Windows XP home. All CDs are playing OK devices work properly and there is no better match for sound drivers (that what "Update driver" procedure says). Does anybody know what could be a problem? Thank you very much for any help.
Voga.

In control Panel, select system, then

System properties -> Device manager -> Select the CD/DVD drive -> Properties & ensure that the "Enable digital CD audio for this ....." is ticked.

Failing that, try removing the device and letting windows re-find on re-boot.

stduc

Thank you for your respond. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I uninstalled the driver and system found it at start up, but still no sound. Checkbox "Enable digital CD audio for this ....." is enabled.

2 linney

Thank you for your respond. Unfortunately all this Trobleshooter does in my case is eventually advises to use another sources of help. What I did... coming to this forum:)

Hello everybody. Thanks for your help.
linney gets a star for hint with Windows XP Video Decoder. Eventually problem is solved and I got the sound, however I had to install InterVideo 6 trial version and will have to buy the full version ih the future. It's OK. What surprised me is as soon I installed this trial version two my DVD-player programs such as InterActual and Windows MediaPlayer quit working properly. First program B.S.es me about weired "abnormal termination" and the second one about too high screen resolution suggesting to low the resolution and... doesn't work anyway:) All above mentioned of course will force me to by full version of InterVideo 6 program. Oh well:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back