Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Sound Or Audio On Phone System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared R

Technical User
Jun 25, 2017
US
I’m trying to setup my used Toshiba CIX40 PBX, but for some reason I can’t get any sound or audio from my phones. The only sound I can get is the dial pad beeps, dial tone, and ringing. When I try to announce or talk from one phone to another phone over intercom or the handset, there is no sound of my voice as well as while I try to page, there is no sound of my voice coming from any of the other hand sets or the overhead speaker. Also, I can’t here anything while I try to use line 1 or 2. It’s just dead air; I really don’t know what is wrong here? I think my wiring to my keystones are right and the settings are all default (I don’t have access to emanager as I’m having problems with SQL Server) but I don’t know what could be causing this. Is there somebody that can tell me what could be wrong or any ideas of how to fix this issue? Thanks you!

I should also add that now I cannot hear my voicemail system when I access it.

I don't know Toshiba telephone systems, so, this is going to be extremely general in nature.

Has a system reset been attempted? If the system has trouble logs, have they been checked? If so, are there any entries that would point to a hardware issue?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

The questions should be did this ever work and what changed to make it not work? Did you replace hardware if this did work, what kind of phones are you using IP or digital. Do you have any analog phones or digital phones on the system and do they work? If this is an all IP system try to reboot the network switch the phones are on.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back