Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Sound on recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerxes2012

Technical User
Jan 13, 2008
ZA
Nice 8.9 + Avaya IP phones + Cisco switches

I have a couple extensions without any sound. Query shows the recordings, but no sound. The IP's on the phones and IP's showing on the CLS for those extensions don't match. CLS doesn't seem to be updating the IP changes, even after restart.

CLS Extension mappings correct, VLANs on CLS have been defined, and Spanning/port mirroring on cisco switches correct.

Any idea's?

Do you have the Avaya RAS service running on the CLS - this is usually used to get the IP addresses from the Avaya phones, either by spanning the Gatekeeper and intercepting the messages or by sending SMTP enquiries to the phones. If this isn't set up then you won't get the IP addresses when they change. If you do have it set up and it's using the SMTP method, make sure that the CLS has access to the VLAN the phones are on, otherwise the requests will fail.

Thank you for the response.

Yes, RAS service is running and we're using the SMTP method.

I've heard that their might be a problem with Cisco switches. Some sort of limitation with the amount of access ports being spanned, which i haven't been able to confirm as yet. Not sure if you've heard of any such limitation.

But anyways, we will be trying the CLAN spanning method this weekend. Hopefully it will resolve the issue.

How do you know cisco is sending the data? Can you run Ethereal to check? How have you done the channel mapping? By extension or by IP?

Shutdown the CLS, find your mascmap file and manually put test extension IP addresses into this file. Restart the logger and then see if you can get recordings. Note that CLS will overwrite mascmap. If older version of logger you need to find IP config tool in D:\NICELOG\BIN\TOOLS or something like that, I think it's IPConnection off top of my head.

I've stopped both the CLS and logger. I deleted the mascmap file on logger. I also deleted the *.saf files on the CLS on recommendation from our Nice vendors. I then restarted the CLS, and then the logger. Once the CLS is started, RAS service just repopulates the mascmap with the old IP information.

I've even tried manually entering the phone IP addresses, which I got from the avaya admin console, using the IPConnection tool on the logger. As soon as the RAS service restarts, it just overwrites mascmap with old IP addresses.

I just don't understand where it's getting these old IP addresses from. It can't be the CLAN cards or cisco switches.

And if the relevant configuration files have been deleted on Nice, and the switches aren't (for arguments sake) forwarding the information, surely the RAS service should populate mascmap with 0.0.0.0 ?? I'm certain there's a config file i'm not aware of.

We will be using a sniffer, to rule out switch problem...

How have you configured your channel mapping in the logger definition tool (only other place I can think that you may have configured incorrectly)? I am assuming you've used just the extension number? Also which service packs are you using? Latest 8.9 are sp5 for cls and sp3 for integrations. Integrations SP3 requires CLS SP4 or 5 to work correctly.

how the CLS getting the new Phone IP? is it total or selective?
if total - is the Total VoIP handler installed / runnning?
run a sniffer to make sure the signal are send to the CLS sniffing NIC
are the IP phone new models? the new sends only once signal - if the CLS missed it he will never get it back - check in the documnet themodel tyoe and if they support SNMP API / push client / RAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back