Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no sound on Presario with windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamzizin

Technical User
Aug 23, 2003
US
compaq pressario 5000 w/windows ME..Wifes..had issues with fuzzy screen,no sound,reg.errors..ect..she had been doing things to fix it.After repairing all other issues.i still cant get volume..down loaded ess driver from there site..un zipped..had it install it self after removing all/installed manually ect..shows "driver installed but there is un known problem"..multi media shows no devises..they are properly attached..divise manager now has no "yellow !"..nor are conflicts showing..there is at times a code 10..also diagX(9.0)..just reloaded...when checking sound says error step 3..generic..diagx also keeps having error in kernel32..Ps..she bought it used and has no recovery dics or.copy of me..this is one of 3 computers with simular problem i fixed this weekend..her other work computerwas win 98..and her bios was not pnp..i dont see this option in ME..hope this isnt too long...

A wild shot in the dark..I had a similar problem with a Gateway computer. They got on board with me and walked through all the settings. In the volume control properties there is a box you can check or uncheck called "digital".
Uncheck the box. A simple thing like that may fix you sound output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back