Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Sound from NT4 CD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

msy

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
AU
Hi all,

I have few machines that does not play audio cd in MS CD Player software. If i intall Winamp 3, audio cd works through winamp3.

There was no CD-ROM when NT4 was installed. The CD-Rom was added later.

I have replace mcicdo.dll. but no luck...

Any idea? Can i unintsall CD Player and reinstall?

Thanks

I believe you can reinstall from add/remove programs in the control panel.

Go to the windows setup tab, then open multimedia.

Uncheck cd player, hit ok out to the desktop, then go back in and replace the check mark.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

are you sure the CD (or CDRW) drive in these PCs are NT capabile ?

Was there any software/drivers that came with the CD? And was that installed?

HI..
Sorry for the late reply.

I didn't installed drivers or checked if the CD-ROM is compatible with NT. I'm not sure if the CD-ROM had a driver CD. I'll try to find drivers.

If it's not compalible, how come it plays sound when i installed winamp?...

Thx all fro the reply

cheers

Have you reinstalled the cd player? Did you see my post?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back