Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no sound from headphone socket on both drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

piaff1

Technical User
Dec 9, 2000
GB
I have a SB Audio PCI 64 on board chip. A Samsung DVD Rom SD608 and Sony CDRW CRX100. There is no digital audio lead from CDRW therefore I do not expect to get sound through speakers. Recently I have been unable to get any sound through headphone socket on either of these drives. Can any one help.

Go to your control panel and check your multimedia settings. It could be muted or the Audio driver could be corrupted.

I have tried both these suggestions but it's still not working.

Hi
There is no need for cables to get sound from speakers for the CDRW. You can get the sound by enabling DIGITAL sound in the CDRWs property. I have two - one DVD and on CDRW. CDRW dont have the cable but I am able to play music. I have to check this for Win98.. but Win2000 device manager-> CDRW. property has by default CDRW.. digital sound enabling... unchecked. Check this.. you will get the sound.
:) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Hmmm, it seems that i remember having to connect a special cable when i installed both my cd/cdrw drives. As I recall, there is a small cable with 4 pins that you connect from the back of the drive(s) to the soundcard. I think the instructions said that that was what it was for also. I may be confused though, because i never use that feature. But i think you also need to enable it in the device manager as ramani suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back