Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No scrollbar! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteTiger

Programmer
Jun 26, 2001
US
How can I remove the scrollbar from my page if it doesn't have frames?...I know you can set noscroll on frames pages, but I'm trying to get rid of the main one because I have an IFRAME within a table which I'm using to present information on our corporate intranet...
Regards,
AnthLOLny
----------------------------------------
The Learning process is just a way to get rid of all the stupids in your head.

Now where's that cute little kitten? :-X

how about using a frameset which is one row by one column and getting rid of the scroll bar in that frame?

or are you specifically trying to avoid frames altogether?

I'm trying to avoid using frames...because I am using stylesheets and one of the properties is a border...if I have to use frames, then could you help me on the code for it?...or do you know any other ways?
Regards,
AnthLOLny

how does the border property from the stylesheet affect frames?

if i were using frames, i'd use...

<frameset cols=&quot;*&quot;>
<frame src=&quot;mypage.html&quot; scrolling=&quot;no&quot;>
</frameset>

unless you could use a kind of preloader page which (from an onLoad function) launches a new browser window without scrollbars...

function launcher()
{
window.open(&quot;mypage.html&quot;, null, &quot;scrollbars=NO&quot;);
}

and in the <body> of your 'preloader' use onLoad=&quot;launcher();&quot;

Now I know why I dont want to use frames, I have the IFRAME in there, and for some reason also a lot of other stuff that using frames messes up, I just tried it again and it screwed up on me...

Does anyone know a better way (Perhaps VBSCRIPT?) to do this?

(Frames are bad.)
Regards,
AnthLOLny

Hello WhiteTiger!

You want to use VBScript that is basicly supported only by IE. Why don't you want to use scroll=&quot;no&quot; attribute of BODY tag as aperfectcircle wrote. It works as well as you need.
I would defenetly use this.

Good Luck!

I can't use it!...I have an Iframe which is also affects! and also I have certian dementions which need to be calculated...Personally, I think netscape is bad, and my office doesn't use NN...it's actually banned from being used on our machines...IE is the ONLY thing we use...I tried it with the frames, and it screws up the page!...I'm trying to use VBScript because it's way better than JScript IMHO, and frames again, are bad.

Regards,
AnthLOLny

Putting scroll=&quot;no&quot; in the body tag should not affect your iframe.

Note: this attribute has nothing to do with frames... (just so we're clear on that)

accually i think its scroll=no with no quotes but i dont know if it matters... -Greg :-Q

I know this post was last updated Aug 2001, but I have been looking for ages to stop a scroll bar appearing on a web page. aperfectcircle's scroll=no was exactly what I was needding. **STAR**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back