Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No scroll bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexusens

Programmer
Feb 6, 2007
CA
this page will not scroll down all others will but not all the way??
My CSS
body {margin-top:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px;}
a:link {color:blue;}
a:visited {color:green;}
a:hover {color:red;}
a:active {color:green;}
.B {font-weight:bold;}
.C {text-align:center; font-family:'Times New Roman'; }
.FL {float:left;}
.FRW6 {float:right; width:6%;}
.FRW12 {float:right; width:12%;}
.L {text-align:left; font-family:'Times New Roman';}
.XXLTC {font-size: xx-large; text-align:center; font-family:'Times New Roman';}
.I {color:white}
.J {text-align:justify; font-family:'Times New Roman'; text-indent:50px;}
.JM {text-align:justify; font-family:'Times New Roman'; padding-left:50px;}
.NB {border-width:0;}
.R {text-align:right;}
#top {position:fixed; top:0; left:20%; height:20%; width:80%; overflow:hidden;}
#side {position:fixed; left:0; width:20%; height:100%; overflow:hidden; text-align:center;}
#contents {position:fixed; top:20%; left:20%; height:100%; right:0; padding-left:2%; padding-right:2%; overflow:auto;}

"Tsune ni ite, kyu ni awasu

Works for me in IE6, but I suspect that it doesn't look like you wanted. The header is at the top, the nav is on the left, but contents is below the navigation.

Why are you using position:fixed in all of your pages?

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

once again have yet to do IE6 workaround and I am using position fixed because my boss insists on frames

Your nav images are 200px wide and the warehouse image is over 900px wide. What screen res is he insisting you design it for?
Probably best if the boss sells wood and you do the website.

Keith

Scrolls fine for me in FF. Scrolls a bit painfully in IE7, but it does scroll. One way or the other, it seems like a bad idea to design your website like this.

I had set my div height to 100% when it should have been 80% it works now. however vragabond you mentioned this about the site and it is on this one as well. Why am I getting 2 scrollbars and how do I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back