Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Rows Meet the Selection Criteria (Cognos 8.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollie

MIS
May 2, 2000
US
After bumbling through the setup, we are now testing sample and canned reports. The samples are working great, but I'm having a problem seeing *current* data in the canned reports provided to us (actually Deltek Performance Manager reports).

I can look at 2007 data all day long, but when I try to pull up anything for 2008, such as an Income Statement, I get the error "No Rows Meet the Selection Criteria".

I can't find the answer anywhere, either on the Deltek site and the Cognos site, or even HERE. Anyone run into this?

No idea what Deltek is, but did you check the database for contents? Is it possible that you have some sort of demo that offers just data prior to 2008?

Ties Blom

The database is our live accounting database, and it's 100% current.

This could be one of the more frustrating pieces of software I've ever dealt with!

Cognos 8 is certainly not a flawless product, but I'm suspecting like you are stressing the wrong point.
You are posting in the Cognos solutions forum, but indicate you have some sort of packaged app (Deltek?)
You also do not specify which of the various Cognos tools you are using. If you are using Query Studio or Report Studio and accessing the database through a relational package than it is a matter of checking the SQL generated (from Report Studio anyway) with your DBA or examining the canned reports. There may be a perfectly explainable cause for not being able to fetch 2008 data (Which has nothing to do with Cognos but with the canned reports)

In case you are using a dimensional package/cube you may be looking at stale data that has not been refreshed from the database.

To sum it up: It shouldn't take a experienced developer more than , say an hour , to get at the root of the problem.

(Judging from a distance it could be just a time dimension table that has been filled up to 2007 that would be the simple cause)

Ties Blom

Just wanted to report that it took almost 2 weeks for them to find the root cause of the problem within Report Studio, and it was a table in the content manager database that must be manually updated to get current data.

I hadn't put enough info here for anyone to help.

The cognos8 report studio, powerplay, and other stuff came bundled with a report manager from Deltek. Quite frustrating as the most current docs for it are for another version, and apparently it's quite difficult to upgrade even from version 8.2 to 8.3 because there are so many disparities.

As the content store is supposed to only store Cognos Metadata, I find this a peculiar story. I know no BI Vendor that allows manual updates in their metadata repository and will often discontinue support in these cases.
Certainly do not envy you..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back