Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No ringing heard on forwarded call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIDCrane

Programmer
Mar 19, 2009
US
500 V2 with 6.0.14
Dr's office. Forward calls to answering service via a user that is forwarded. Call connects just fine to answering service but caller never hears ringing while connecting , just silence. i have recorded a wav that says" please remain on the line while your call is connecdtd to the answering service" for some comfort. How can I get the caller to hear the ringing??? thanks

Analog/ISDN/SIP?

Sound like a codec problem.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

CQ104476|No Ringback tone is heard when receiving Alerting from Cisco Switch on H323 trunk|5.0.20|SP_RELEASE_4Q10_5.0|3-Available|5.0.203104

CQ40098|No ringback on calls on SIP trunks when account code entered|5.0.8|SP_RELEASE_3Q10_5.0|4-Proven|5.0.087203

CQ44984|No ringback indication if a user fwds their calls off prem|5.0.20|SP_RELEASE_3Q10_5.0|3-Available|5.0.202603

It might still be in there, you could try to upgrade to 6.0.18.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Here is just a new thread on 6.0.18 with the same problem.

Better check with you provider, ask them to turn on the "ringback tone" because the Avaya cannot give it.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Turn on announcements for the user and increase the timer before the first announcement and it will play ringing for the caller.

That is an interesting idea. Thank you. I will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back