Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no reply in call pilot.anyone have insight to NMS addressing messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998xj8

Technical User
Jun 12, 2008
US
The dialing plan that connects the switch locations in a NMS network can affect the way your NMS network is implemented. As well, if the dialing plan is set up incorrectly, NMS cannot work. The dialing plan can also
affect the configuration of the switch locations. NMS supports the following
dialing plans:
• Electronic Switched Network (ESN)
• Coordinated Dialing Plan (CDP)
• hybrid, which is a combination of ESN and CDP
Note: NMS does not support another dialing plan, such as PSTN.
Has anyone experienced an nms install where call pilot is shared among multiple switches and esn and cdp adressing of mailboxes is not acceptable...let me explain that we had an octel in which you could 4 digit or 10 digit address a mailbox anywhere on system. Now we have to dial ac2,loc code, and ext to send messages to coworkers in other locations.there is a work around where mailbox addressing does not follow dialing plan and there are two fields to put leading NPA-NXX prefixs instead. Anyone using this ??????????

i've seen simular.. some cell providers screw with the dialed digits.. so the called number hits the cp as 803 434 xxxx or 434xxxx instead of the last 4 that would be the mb.. so we had to add 803+ and 434+ as ext dn's in 2000 boxes.. to make it worse, not all subscribers to that provider had the problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

look at your keycodes for callpilot and make sure
it has NMS set for yes.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

john, extension dn's across nms sites are not addressable
meaning if we put the 10 digit there I still can not compose using.this software is in the network profile of the nms site in which these field values can be used to prefix the mailbox number only. I wish we could just put the 10 digit in mailbox profile like octel and could addresss that way but noooo...

Try putting the 7 or 10 digit number in as ext#2 in the mailbox

ext#1 1234 (internal number)
ext#2 3451234 (DID number 345-1234)
ext#3 3123451234 (Area Code plus DID number 321-345-1234)

I worked for my bosses cell phone which forward no answer to our Call Pilot number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back