Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Registry in Restore View

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusGiller

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
DE
Hi, all

we have migrated from Arc Serve 2000 to BrightStor Arcserve11. We have imported our old jobs and everything seemed to be ok. But if i want to do a restore i don't see the registry button. In the backup view you see it and it is full green. In the Server Admin the box "Backup registry key details..." is set. A funny thing is that: When i add a new server to the backup job, i see the registry tab (of the new server) in the restore view. I tried to delete a server from the job and then add it again. But that didn't work. We need to restore a particular registry key.
Another thing is that the job owner of the imported jobs is root (our Administrator user). If i create a new job (e.g. a single restore) the job owner is caroot. I don't know if this belongs together. I don't really want to recreate all my jobs. Does anyone know how i can make the registry tab visible?
Thanks in advance
Markus

Thank you davidmichel,

but the thing is, under System State you only see the whole
registry. So, it is not possible to restore a paticular key
from the registry. And that's it what i need.

Regards, Markus

check under ,view - preferences' in the job queue manager.
Select 'show registry', this should work.
All the registry key detail stuff is kind of hidden as from ARCserve v11 but the functionality is still there.

regards

Thank you Cyklops,

the 'show registry' is selected and it doesn't work.
Any other suggestions? Or do i have to recreate the
jobs?

regards, Markus

First off you must do what Cyclops advised you then you must backup the registry extra(not in system state). Then you'll be able to see it in restore view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back